Wright Slabtown Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Wright Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county off Farm Market 1498 on County Road 15900 in the Slabtown Community and may also be known as Slabtown Cemetery. It is in Block 61 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. The cemetery is on the east side of the road about 100 feet from the road.
GPS coordinates are 33° 27' 51.82 N, 95° 32' 01.71 W. (33.46438 Latitude and 95.53381 Longitude)
The cemetery contains 49 graves including the unknowns. The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of Martha L. M. Little, who died in 1862. A marker in the north central part of the cemetery reads, 'Angy Wight, giver of this acre of ground for a community graveyard. Loved by many friends.' The cemetery was recorded by Betsy Mills and Elizabeth House on March 2, 1992.
In 1998 the caretaker of the cemetery was Rodger Ruthart, Rt. 4, Box 1157B, Paris, TX 75462, 903-784-0078.
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To view headstone photos for this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.