Wilson Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Wilson Cemetery is located in the northeast quadrant of the county off County Road 44550 in Block 27 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
From the records of Elizabeth Booth: "About 1/4 mile due east on Farm Market Road 195, turn right or south, on the road that leads to Farm Market Road 1502, go about 2 1/2 miles and turn to the next county road to the right in a grove of trees, approximately one half mile. In 1971 this was on the Grayson farm."
There are five known graves in this burial ground with the oldest being that of E. T. Wilson who died 7 Oct 1880. The following persons are known to be buried here: Thomas D. Hearn 1818 - 1896, George M. Kitchens 21 Oct 1853 - 16 Jan 1890, Mary Ann Weatherspoon Wilson (birth and death are not known), Elisha Thomas Wilson 2 Oct 1824 - 7 Oct 1880, and Lizzie M. J. Wilson 13 Sep 1882 - 3 Oct 1887.
GPS coordinates are not available.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.