Williams Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Williams Cemetery is found in the Daughters of the American Revolution Cemetery Collection compiled in 1940, parts of which were donated by the Joseph Ligon Chapter of Paris and copied by Sallie Lee Lightfoot of Paris. The book was located in the Corsicana Genealogical Library, Corsicana, TX., and copied by Betsy Mills and Elizabeth House. Only one grave is in this location. The record states, "Located in a field on William's Ranch  about 6 miles west of Paris there is one grave. The inscriptions on the one monument are very hard to decipher." This monument belongs to Alice W. Brackeen and does not state the death date.
On 2 Apr 1995, Ron Brothers and Butch and Betsy Mills located the grave on the Sheb Williams Ranch is located in the northwest quadrant of the county on the north side Farm Market Road 1510. The marker is located 20 feet east of a barn that is .7 mile from the highway. The person who pointed out the marker said that he had always been told this was a Negro woman.
The entrance to the pasture is located at the intersection of Farm Market Road 1510 and County Road 33015. It is in Block 30 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
GPS coordinates are not available.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.