Union Cemetery, Taylortown, Lamar County, TX
Union Cemetery at Taylortown is located in the southeast quadrant of the county on the east side of Taylortown Union Church. The real name of the cemetery is 'Union Cemetery' and it is called 'Taylortown' in the cemetery database records to avoid confusion because another cemetery in the county is called Union Grove. It is in Block 62 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. It is in the community called Taylortown on Farm Market Road 1498 near the southern county line and Sulphur River. It is about 1.5 miles from the intersection of Farm Market Road 1497 and Farm Market Road 1498.
GPS coordinates are 33° 27' 28.72 N, 95° 28' 26.44 W. (33.45797 Latitude and -95.47399 Longitude)
There are 109 graves with the oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery being that of W. Jesse Abbott who died 27 Sep 1950. The cemetery was recorded by Ron Brothers in the spring of 1991.
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To view pictures of the headstones, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.