Terrell Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Terrell Cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of the county about .7 miles from Farm Market Road 1499 southeast of the Garretts Bluff community. It is on County Road 35400 in Block 6 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. In 1993 it still had a wrought iron fence around it situated about 75 yards off the road in the middle of a field to the left of the road as one approaches from the west.
Farmers have used the fenced area to pile debris within its confines and a large tree grows out of its center. The markers were buried under the rubble. The cemetery was revisited by Ron Brothers and Roberta Woods in 1993. It contains only two marked graves [there could possibly be a third] those of Lucy Terrell 1849 - 29 Oct 1905 and Samuel Terrell 28 Mar 1821 - 24 Oct 1907.
GPS coordinates are not available.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.