Sylvan Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Sylvan Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county about 5.50 miles from Loop 286 east on Highway 82, turning right on Farm Market Road #2121, in the Sylvan community. It is in Block 42 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. It is marked by a state highway sign and is located behind two homes that face Farm Market Road 2121.
From the traffic signal in Reno on Hwy 82, take Hwy 82 easterly for 1.6 miles to the intersection with FM 2121. Take FM 2121 south for 1.7 miles and the cemetery is on the left about 100 yards to the north
GPS coordinates are 33° 38' 38.6160'' N, 95° 25' 37.8120'' W. (33.64406 Latitude and -95.42717 Longitude)
The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of William M. Jones who died 10 May 1868. The cemetery was recorded by Ron Brothers in early 1991. There are 349 graves including the unknowns.
Photograph below provided courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.