Shiloh, Old Shiloh and Morgan Cemeteries, Lamar County, TX
Shiloh, Old Shiloh and Morgan Cemeteries are located in the northwest quadrant of the county off Farm Market Road 1510 at the dead end of County Road 33015. They are in Block 30 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. Shiloh, Old Shiloh, and Morgan all occupy virtually the same geographical area with Morgan being on the west, Old Shiloh on the south and southeast and Shiloh being on the east.
From Highway 1510, turn south on CR 33015, proceed .2 miles to where the road dead ends.
GPS coordinates are 33° 39' 33.21 N, 95° 39' 54.53 W. (33.65923 Latitude and -95.66515 Longitude)
Shiloh Black Cemetery's name may be confused with another nearby cemetery named El Bethel Cemetery as El Bethel has a state sign that directs to it naming it Brookston Shiloh Cemetery. The cemetery was recorded in March 1994 by Ron Brothers. The oldest inscribed grave is that of Lewis D. Huddleston who died 17 May 1945. There are 36 burials here.
Old Shiloh is in the woods southwest of Shiloh Black Cemetery.The oldest inscribed grave is that of Nancy D. Little who died 5 May 1866. There are 21 known graves. This cemetery was surveyed 1 Apr 1995, by Ron Brothers and Butch and Betsy Mills. Another marker was discovered north of the fenced area but was listed as being in the Old Shiloh Cemetery.
Morgan and Old Shiloh in the woods have been combined by the compiler. Elizabeth Booth did not record Old Shiloh in the woods. Old Shiloh and Morgan Cemetery are located in the northwest quadrant of the county off Farm Market Road 1510 at the dead end of County Road 33015 west of the road in the edge of the woods. It is in Block 30 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. This could also have been called Shiloh. From the records of Elizabeth Booth: 'Located on old Highway 82 West. There are white and blacks buried here but only two markers were visible in Feb. 1974. These were in a small fenced area to the west of most all the other graves. 'There were many [posted] graves... all unidentifiable.' The oldest grave is that of James W. Morgan who died 30 Sep 1864.
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To view headstone photos for this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.