Shady Grove Black Cemetery, Lamar County, Texas
LOCATION: Shady Grove Black Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county, west of the Shady Grove Cemetery. DIRECTIONS: It is at the intersection of County Roads 13550 and 14400 in Block 50 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. First known grave is across a barbed wire fence about 100 feet from the Henry Sparks marker in the main cemetery. GPS COORDINATES: 33° 34' 7.3652" N, -95° 25' 52.9176" W
(33.568713 Latitude and -95.431366 Longitude)
OLDEST KNOWN BURIAL: Oldest inscribed grave is that of Adaline Henson, daughter of B. H. and O. H. Henson, who died 1 Sep 1875. NUMBER OF GRAVES: The cemetery contains 13 known graves. SIGNS/MARKERS: There is no marker for the cemetery. The cemetery was recorded by Betsy and Butch Mills on November 19, 1992. ADD'L INFORMATION: There are many bois d'arc markers which are probably marking other grave sites. PICTURE(S):
Cemetery photo is not available.
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the list of cemeteries, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.
Special thanks to Jeff Kemp for designing the Lamar County banner.
|Hosted by Lamar County Internet Provider Starnet Online Systems.
Copyright © 1996 - present - The Lamar County TX Website Team
This website adheres to the NGS "Standards for Sharing Information with Others" regarding copyright, attribution, privacy, and the sharing of sensitive information.