Red Hill Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Red Hill Cemetery is located in the northeast quadrant of the county off Farm Market 906 about 2 miles east of the intersection of Highway 271 and Farm Market Road 906 near the Midcity community on County Road 45080. It is in Block 9 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. From the intersection of Hwy 271 North and FM 906, proceed easterly for 1.9 miles to the intersection of FM 906 with CR 45080. There ia a road sign on FM 906. Take CR 45080 northerly for 2/10 miles and the cemetery is on the left.
GPS coordinates are 33° 50' 52.9980'' N, 95° 28' 44.7348'' W. (33.848055 Latitude and -95.479093 Longitude)
The cemetery contains 606 graves including the unknowns. The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of the Infant Son of J. T. and L. J. Daughtrey, who died 9 May 1874. It was recorded by Ron Brothers in August 1991. There has been one obituary found that referred to this location as the Maggard Family Cemetery.
Photograph courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To view pictures of the headstones, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.