Razor Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Razor Cemetery has sometimes been called the Minter Family Cemetery and Porter Cemetery. Being in the northwest quadrant of the county it should not be confused with the cemetery in the Minter community in the southeast part of the county. Razor cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of the county, in the Razor community, northwest of Forest Chapel and Chicota. It is on County Road 36550 (near Emerson Lake) about 1 3/4 mile from Farm Market Road #197. In 1994 it was on land belonging to James Russell Hicks. It is in Block 7 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. There are no road signs to gain directions and is difficult to see from the road.
The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of John Sharp Porter who died 21 Aug 1846. His grave is just off the dirt road about a mile south of Colbert Lake and about 2 1/2 miles from Farm Market Road #195. It is also about 1/2 mile east of Dead Man Branch creek. The stone is barely readable and lies between two trees. John Sharp Porter was one of the early settlers of Lamar County. There is evidence of many other graves including the Minter Family. There are tales of Negroes and Indians buried here also. There are 13 records of burials.
The following persons are known to be buried here: Henry Bertrude Minter 19 Mar 1836 - 22 Dec 1878, Lucy Wilmoth Minter 15 Mar 1866 - 19 Jul 1869, Virginia Wilmoth Williams Minter 17 Oct 1846 - 13 Sep 1894, Willie Monford Minter 7 Feb 1874 - 20 Jun 1876 and John Sharp Porter 1 May 1800 - 21 Aug 1846.
GPS coordinates are not available yet.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available Yet
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.