Piland Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Piland Cemetery has not been located by the compiler because of the sketchy details in the Booth Records. It would probably be in the southwest quadrant of the county in Block 52 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
From the records of Elizabeth Booth: "This family graveyard sits off the country road [believed to be somewhere between County Roads 26100 and 27100] about a city block. It was abandoned and destroyed in 1970. It was located in the southwest sector of the county. Miles Piland had a headright for 320 acres situated 18 miles southwest of Paris and another 310 acres located 17 miles southwest of Paris. The land had been later known as the Herrell farm and in 1970 as the Mass [or Moss] farm."
There are 6 graves noted here the oldest being that of R. G. Piland who died 9 Nov 1873. The following persons are known to be buried here: Jason Carson 16 Dec 1893 - 8 Mar 1894, J. B. E. footstone, E. W. Piland, O. C. Piland, Oliver Piland all of whose birth and death are not known and R. G. Piland 5 May 1872 - 9 Nov 1873.
GPS coordinates are not available.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.