Old Deport Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Old Deport Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county just
southeast of the town of Deport on County Road 16060 off US Highway 271. It
is in Block 59 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and
Services revised December 1993. The cemetery was recorded in January 1993 by
Roberta Woods and Ruth Renfro. The survey of over 416 graves is not complete
as there were many stones that were turned over or under water. The oldest inscribed
grave in the cemetery is that of Charles Thompson who died 29 Sep 1871. GPS
coordinates are 33° 31' 14.5806 N, 95° 19' 6.132 W.
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To view pictures of the headstones, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.