Oak Hill Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Oak Hill Community Cemetery is a Black cemetery located directly north of Red Hill Cemetery in the northeast quadrant of the county, about 2 miles east of the intersection of Highway 271 and Farm Market Road 906 near the Midcity community. It is on County Road 45080 in Block 9 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
From the intersection of Hwy 271 North and FM 906, proceed easterly for 1.9 miles to the intersection of FM 906 with CR 45080. There ia a road sign on FM 906. Take CR 45080 northerly past the Red Hill Cemetery for 4/10 miles and the cemetery is on the left.
GPS coordinates are 33° 51' 1.2960'' N, 95° 28' 46.8120'' W. (33.85036 Latitude and 95.47967 Longitude)
The oldest inscribed grave is that of Felix Mays who died 6 Nov 1887. The cemetery was recorded in May 1993 by Frankie J. Snowton Dangerfield, 658 NW 3rd St., Paris, TX., 75460, assisted by Mary E. Walton Brent. There are 232 known graves.
Photograph courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.