Mount Tabor Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Mt. Tabor Cemetery is in the northwest quadrant of the county, it is located
about 8 miles from the intersection of Highway 271 and Loop 286, on Farm Market
Road 1499, between the Caviness and Emberson communities. It is marked by a
highway sign. It is in Block 23 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American
Drafting and Services revised December 1993. The oldest inscribed grave in the
cemetery is that of Ewell Rouselle Caviness who died 4 Jan 1916. The cemetery
was enumerated on 25 Jan 1992 by Debbie Anderson, Ron Brothers, Patricia Ferguson,
Ruth Renfro and Roberta Woods. There are 670 known graves. GPS coordinates are
33° 45' 27.6834 N, 95° 37' 18.5514 W.
Picture provided courtesy of Christie Marie Shepherd
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.