Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery is located in the southeast quadrant of the county on Highway 271 South near Deport. It should not be confused with the Old Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in the northeast quadrant near Providence Baptist Church. The cemetery is about .5 mile south of road that turns to go to Highland Cemetery. It is located behind a feed store that used to be a church and is now a farm equipment sales. It is in Block 59 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. GPS coordinates are 33° 32' 17.04 N, 95° 20' 30.51 W.
The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of Sammie Bryan, son of J. T. and M. A. Bryan who died 13 Feb 1874. The cemetery was recorded by Roberta J. Woods, Cleo Weaver and Debbie Hallman in November, 1992. There are 449 known graves.
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, looking northwest.
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery Historical Marker
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, looking east
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, looking north
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, looking west
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To view headstone photos for this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.