Littlejohn Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Littlejohn Cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of the county and should not be confused with Littlejohn Black Cemetery in the city of Paris. It is near the community of Chicota about 5 miles northwest of the intersection of Highway 271 and Farm Market Road 906. It is on County Road 36850 in Block 8 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
GPS coordinates are 33° 52' 36.0078" N, -95° 34' 33.4884" W. (33.87382 Latitude and -95.57639 Longitude)
In Paris, at the intersection of Loop 286 North and Hwy 271 North, take Hwy 271 north for 12.8 miles to the intersection with FM 197 in Arthur City. Take FM 197 westerly for 3.9 miles to the intersection with CR 36850, Take CR 36850 northwesterly for 3/10 miles to the intersection with CR 35910. There is a cemetery access road here to the north. The cemetery is 99 yards north and does have an overhead sign.
The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of the wife of William L. Littlejohn, Elizabeth, who died 16 Jul 1860. The cemetery was recorded by Ron Brothers in November 1990. There are 152 identifiable graves including the unknowns.
Photograph provided courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To view pictures of the headstones, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.