Knights of Honor Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Knights of Honor Cemetery (also referred to as Blossom Cemetery) is located It is located in the southeast quadrant of the county. It is in Block 35 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
From the traffic signal on Hwy 82 East in Blossom, proceed east for 2 blocks to the intersection with Young Street (FM 194). Take Young Street (FM 194) south for three blocks to the intersection with Fairview Street which becomes FM 194. Take Fairview Street easterly for 7/10 mile and the cemetery is on the right.
GPS coordinates are 33° 39' 24.8400" N, 95° 22' 8.1840" W. (33.65690 Latitude and -95.36894 Longitude.)
The older part of the cemetery (West Section) is referred to as Old Blossom City Cemetery in these records. It is separated by an unused field from the larger and newer eastern section of the cemetery. The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of John W. Jones, Confederate Veteran of Company G., 27th Texas Cavalry, CSA, who died in 1862. The cemetery was recorded in September 1990 by Ron Brothers. The cemetery contains over 1910 graves including the unknowns.
Photo below courtesy of Lawrence and Sue Dale.
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To view pictures of the headstones, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.