Hulin Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Hulin Cemetery, named that because it is the name on the only surviving stone, is in the extreme northwest quadrant of the county off County Road 37500, north of State Highway 78. It is in Block 12 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. The only grave is that of Sam Hulin, son of Thos. and A. Hulin who died 31 Aug 1879. The stone was found in a pasture in the Direct Community in December 1995. The land belonged to Mrs. Eleanor Trig Crawford, Rt. 2, Box 116 B, Sumner, TX, 75486. An old timer who came to the site visited by Betsy and Butch Mills and Ron Brothers told that there was once a small cemetery in an area just south of the road where an old barn had once been burned down. He could remember seeing about 20 stones in the area. No stones other than Sam H. Hulin exist now.
GPS Coordinates are not available.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.