Craddock Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Craddock Cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of the county. It would be in Block 14 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. <p>From the records of Elizabeth Booth: 'This cemetery is abandoned and was researched Feb. 20, 1972 by Elizabeth Booth. Located on the W. M. Parson farm [in 1972] but on the old Wideman Survey. Thomas Wideman had a 640 acre patent, 12 1/2 miles north, 54 degrees west of Paris. This area was known as the Craddock Community. A few bricks are the only evidence of the once busy community. There were between 125-150 unidentified graves and only two with monuments. Rows of bois d'arc posts indicated unknown burials.' The oldest inscribed tombstone is that of Infant of O. E. and S. J. Rushing who died 22 Mar 1874. The only other tombstone is that of Elijah A. Rushing Apr 1872 - Jul 1876.
GPS coordinates are not available yet.
Photograph of the Cemetery Is Not Available Yet
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.