Click Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Click Cemetery is located in Block 48 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. Located on the John Robert Espy farm in the Viewpoint Community in the southeast quadrant of the county, on the original Republic of Texas land grant of Mathias Click. Betsy Mills locates the cemetery as being from FM 1497, three tenths of a mile down County Road 12650 and 200 yards east of County Road 12550 near the Viewpoint Community. GPS coordinates are 33° 34' 48.91 N, 95° 31' 44.34 W.
The cemetery is on private property and permission must be obtained before entering the pasture. Photographs are included here to assist the researcher without having to visit the cemetery. At one time the cemetery contained evidence of many burials but only the double marker of Mathias and Lucinda Click exists now. Mr. Espy has allowed a descendant to fence the one remaining headstone with a sturdy pipe fence. The inscriptions are as follows: Mathias Click 16 Aug 1786 - 15 May 1861 and Lucinda Betsy Cox Click 15 Aug 1790 - 13 Apr 1875. The cemetery was recorded by Elizabeth Booth in the 1970's. The cemetery was photographed by Butch and Betsy Mills on August 7, 2011.
To search for names of those buried in this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.