Caviness Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Caviness Cemetery is located in the northwest quadrant of the county off Farm Road 1499. It is past the dead end of County Road 34665 in Block 15 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993, in a pasture about one mile north of the Emberson Baptist Church.
In Paris at the intersection on Loop 286 North and Hwy 271 North take Hwy 271 north for 3.5 miles to the intersection with FM 1499, Take FM 1499 westerly for 6.8 miles to the intersection with CR 34665. Take CR 34665 north for 2/10 miles until it ends. There are three houses on the road, go to the brick house and enter the pasture through a gate. The old road to the cemetery follows the fence line. The cemetery is due north and meandering for another 5/10 mile and is hidden by a grove of trees.
The oldest inscribed grave in the cemetery is that of Charles K. Buster, who died 8 Nov 1832. The cemetery was recorded in April 1992, by Clyde and Patsy Shannon Daniels. At present there are 114 recorded burials.
GPS coordinates are 33° 46' 15.4194" N, -95° 38' 46.896" W. (33.77095 Latitude and -95.64636 Longitude)
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.