Burchinal Cemetery, Red River County, TX
Burchinal Cemetery is located in the southwest quadrant of Red River County about 3 1/2 miles north of Deport, on the border of Lamar and Red River Counties. It is on the extension of County Road 15190 in Block 51 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993. Information concerning this cemetery was given to Elizabeth Booth on Jan. 6, 1971, by Mrs. Maurice (Rose Agnes) Burchinal Miller of Detroit. The cemetery contains 12 graves, the earliest inscribed death is that of Luther Burchinal who died Aug. 1, 1879.
Information provided by Lawrence and Sue Dale: This cemetery is located in the southwest quadrant of Red River County, Texas. Take FM 410 south from Detroit for about 7.2 miles. There is a country lane on the right or west directly opposite the turn to Bethel Cemetery. This lane is designated as CR 1237. Take CR 1237 west for 1.3 miles to the intersection with CR 1226. Continue on the dirt track westerly for about 5/10 miles and turn south to the second pasture gap, about 2/10 mile. The cemetery is a good 3/10 mile walk due west up a slope and has a few old cedar trees in it. There is a chain link fence around it. The oldest marked burial is that of Luther Burchinal who was born and died on 1 Aug 1879. This cemetery was surveyed by Lawrence and Sue Dale on 11 May 2000. We visited the site again on 20 Dec 2003 and took the GPS readings. As of 31 Dec 2004 this cemetery had 14 documented burials. On 7 Jan 2011 we again visited the cemetery and made pictures of all grave markers.
See the Red River County Cemetery Map for the mapped location.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.