Biardstown Cemetery, Lamar County, TX
Biardstown Cemetery is a Black cemetery located in the southeast quadrant of the county in the Biardstown community. It is also called the Skidmore Cemetery. It is in Block 57 of the Lamar County Road Map produced by American Drafting and Services revised December 1993.
It is 9.8 miles from the intersection of Loop 286 and Farm Market Road 1497. Take Farm Market Road 1497 to Biardstown, turn east on Farm Market Road 3426. Go about 1/4 of a mile. There is no sign. Part of the cemetery is in the stand of trees.
GPS coordinates are 33° 32' 05.63 N, 95° 29' 58.70 W. (33.5342743 Latitude and -95.4988437 Longitude)
When recorded by Ron Brothers in April 1993, it was not well kept and many graves were unmarked. In 1998 the Black community began to call it the Skidmore Cemetery, named after the Skidmore family which owned the land surrounding it at the time. It appears that Mr. Skidmore keeps the area clean and was rewarded by having the cemetery named after him. The oldest inscribed grave is that of Miner Price who died 3 Feb 1887. There are more than 92 identifiable graves.
To search for names in this and other cemeteries, click here.
To view headstone photos for this cemetery, click here.
To return to the map page, click here.
To return to the main Lamar County, TX page, click here.